Saturday 9 November 2013

Part 2 Stage 1 (2)



Knowing that "man made" was coming up I've saved this just because I like it.  It isn't anything to do with grids and stripes but I want a play with it.

I'm not much of a techie but this component from a floor light is beautiful.  It has lots of bits all of which I'm sure have a purpose.  In life it has shiny, glittery parts but that's not very evident on the photo.



This circuit board is by no means flat but I wanted to take some sort of a print from it.  I used a heat sensitive foam to make a printing block (although the foam wasn't big enough for the whole thing):



I then sponged paint onto the foam and printed:





I tried once or twice and this is the clearest.  Because I was in a hurry (so the foam didn't loose its definition) I didn't clean off the paint between prints, hence the muddy colour.

The shape of the copper coil is the most appealing image:



I experimented with different colour combinations - some are better than others.


The only thing that's different in the next two images is the background.
See how the colours seem to alter.

This resembles a night sky

Not enough contrast

This looks like something from nature

Because there is a wreath look to this and Christmas is on the way I made a corny image by putting in some holly berries.

Corny Christmas



It was interesting also to look at the shapes on the foam more closely:


This one was deep and full of character but on the print it only showed as a splodge.








No comments:

Post a Comment