Sunday 1 September 2013

Sketchbook work

Rubbings

My mother in law has recently moved into somewhere that can offer her more care so the contents of her flat have had to be disposed of.  I've done a few rubbings of items that might lead to some creative work.  I couldn't think of a better way to remember and move on.


Gran's chairback - well worn



The central motif didn't work well
But the leaves did




The chairback is curved so I don't think using the shapes as printing blocks will work but a collograph print might.

The next rubbings are taken from an Edwardian brass fingerplate.







Both images here are on photocopy paper.  For the one on the left  I used a 8B pencil and the other one is a wax crayon.  The following pictures show how different the flowers and the bird look close up. 



























No comments:

Post a Comment